Those who choose to live in a residential estate in South Africa have certain expectations. For many, it is all about security. For others, it is about the surroundings and lifestyle benefits that come with a cleaner, cared for environment.
Choose us as partners and let us help deal with recycling in your residential estate. We understand just how important it is to care for our living environment. Our team is dedicated to creating ethical, convenient waste management solutions through recycling.
We invite all residential estates and residential developments to join our Recycling Revolution, especially estates in Pretoria, Johannesburg, and Gauteng. Together, we can preserve the planet for future generations. Our aim is to reduce your carbon footprint and incorporate our solutions into a greener circular economy that benefits our world.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Residential Estate Recycling Service?
- Our recycling collection service runs consistently, except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. We make alternative arrangements for collection of recycling on these high holidays.
- We supply our residents with easily identifiable branded plastic bags. The bags are for collecting all grades of recyclable materials including cardboard boxes, paper, plastic, cans, and beverage glass.
- There is no registration required for residents of the estate to join the recycling programme.
- Minimal sorting of waste is required. All recyclables go into two branded bags. Remade does the sorting for you.
- Our dedicated vehicle fleet collects all grades of recyclables, including paper, plastic, cans, and glass. We also collect a wide range of e-Waste, large appliances and moving boxes.
- Residents of security estates need only place the bags outside their homes on collection day.
- Residents can place larger recyclable items, like cardboard boxes, e-Waste, or electrical appliances next to the bags to be collected with the rest.
- The cost of our services is included in a monthly levy.
Who We Are?
We are a recycling company, delivering customisable solutions to help residents recycle their waste. By encouraging positive changes, we can collectively create a better world.
Why Do Security Estates Need to Recycle?
According to the Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa can recycle 65% of its waste, which is music to our ears. However, of 90% of landfill waste, only 10% is recycled. Most disturbing is that the landfill sites in Johannesburg, Tshwane and Cape Town are reporting less than 10 years of useful life left in them.
With little or no opportunities to build new ones, or further distance to travel to other landfill sites it’s safe to say that we’re running out of space at our landfills. Everything we do is with the best interests of our clients in mind. We work closely with you to find a solution that is the most suitable, cost-effective, and attainable.
Did You Know Recyclable Waste is a Valuable Commodity?
Remade Recycling, part of the Mpact Group, views recyclable materials as a valuable commodity. The Recycling business (comprising of both Remade Recycling and Mpact Recycling) buys and sells recyclable materials, reducing the impact on landfills and contributing to a circular economy with 15 branches nationally in Gauteng, Pretoria, Kwa-Zulu Natal and the Western Cape.
The value of recyclable material is determined by a few factors; for instance, you’ll find that different products have different values in different areas. It all depends on supply and demand. It also depends on the economic climate of the region.
The value of recyclable material fluctuates, as it is dependent on global supply and demand.
Types of Waste Our Residential Estate Recycling Programme Collects
Our dedicated Estate Recycling vehicle fleet collects all grades of recyclables:
- Paper products
- Cardboard boxes and cartons
- Plastic and plastic bottles
- Glass bottles
- Large appliances
- Moving boxes
How Can Residents Get Involved in Residential Recycling?
On recycling collection day, residents will need to place their bags of recyclables outside their homes. That is all that’s required of them. Residents can place larger recyclable items such as cardboard boxes or e-Waste into or next to the bags. We will collect these with the rest.
If your estate isn’t involved yet, request that the Homeowners Association contact us. It is important to note that we limit the service of collecting mixed recyclables to the Residential Estate Recycling Programme.
Estate recycling collection is an effective way to keep the environment clean. With the right control factors in place, fewer recyclable materials find their way to our landfills. Future generations will be able to enjoy a cleaner, brighter South Africa.